Saturday, 19 May 2007

Bracket done...sort of

After literally hours of farting around getting the stud out of the manifold it turns out the bracket that B&C sent me is the wrong one! Luckily with a little help I managed to weld the old one back together and re-fit it - what an absolute pig of a job, it took hours! Anyway, the original heatshield bracket is back together and back on the car. The rattle has changed but not gone completely. I think the only thing left to do is to completely remove the offending heatshield and re-weld every joint. I'll give this a go when the wounds from the last attempt have healed.

I also had a spare 30 mins to paint the spark plug cover, I used some touchup paint so it matches the body colour....

""

No comments:

Post a Comment